Konnect North East & Beyond Summit focusing on Capacity Building for Power Sector in NE States on April 24, 2015. A concurrent Exhibition was organized on April 23-24, 2015. IEEMA also held a work shop titled emPOWERing Make In India with the Utilities of NE States along with top industrial leaders. The focus here was on the stakes of the Industry and facilitation by State Government for Make In India.
The key areas brought to focus -
- Domestic Hydro-Power boost in North Eastern States, where IEEMA can collaborate to bring in technology through its 800+ members across the power value chain - -IEEMA reiterated the need for consistent dialogue between the transmission and distribution service providers and the state utilities. The power distribution business in the northeastern states needs special focus where net losses are to the tune of Rs 7,700 crore. - IEEMA emphasized the need for the industry and the government to work together to realise the potential of the Rs 30,000-crore investment made by the Centre in transmission and another Rs 7,000 crore in distribution. - With such voluminous investment, it is also imperative that IEEMA will look into skill generation and capacity building as maintenance of the infrastructure coming up.
– IEEMA would propose to the North Eastern Council (NEC) and the Assam government on setting up a skill development centre in the region.
• Domestic manufacturing capabilities versus cheap imported equipment from non-market economy
• Responsible role of Utilities to adopt Technology and Standards of Specifications
• Capacity Building
• Standard Bidding Documents
Shri Devendra Chaudhry, Special Secretary Power, Government of India inaugurated work shop ‘emPOWERing Make In India’. The key dignitaries present were Shri K V Eapen, IAS, Additional Chief Secretary Planning Development, Government of Assam, Shri Uma Shankar, former Secretary Power, Government of India. Also present at the occasion was Shri. R. L. Baruah, MD, Assam Power Distribution Company were The top officials from IEEMA included Shri Vishnu Agarwal , President – IEEMA, Shri Babu Babel, Vice President IEEMA, Shri Sunil Misra, Director General IEEMA and Shri Harish Agarwal, Convener for Konnect North East & Beyond Summit. The two-day event, featuring over 80 exhibitors of technologies and product solutions, is the second to be organised in the region by the association. Exhibitors showcased technologies and product solutions in the low, medium and high voltage segment. The Exhibiton was inaugurated by Shri Tanga Byaling, Minister of Home, Power and Non-Conventional Source of Energy, Arunachal Pradesh.