What is SELV DC Microgrid?
◊Small scale generation and distribution of power within geographical limits catering to local community with reliable power affordably.
◊A DC network enhanced with advanced capabilities that enable control of DC network resources for higher operational performance and/or the ability to operate independent of the primary AC system at Safe Electrical Voltage.
◊Efficient Management of loads by minimizing the transmission & Conversion Losses.
◊It allows effective integration of distributed energy resources, especially renewable energy.
Why SELV DC Microgrid?
- Distributed Generation: Photo-voltaic arrays, Fuel cells, Micro-turbines etc.
- Controlling Devices: Charge Controller, DC/DC converter, Load Controller.
- Storage Devices: Batteries and capacitors can be directly connected to the dc bus.
- Protection: Surge Protection Devices, Fuse, Protective relays, Circuit Breaker, Earthing Arrangement.
- Distribution Line Accessories: DC Energy Meter, Coupling Point, SELV Cable, Distribution Panel & Box, Hardware Fittings.
Major Components: Earthing Accessories
- Required to discharge accumulated static electricity to the ground
- Install one or more copper plated ground rod in moist earth
- Salts improves surrounding soil conductivity
- Effective grounding system reduces the risk of lightning damage
Rural DC Load Categorization
- IEC initiates standardization for 48V & 380V local DC distribution.
- IEEE802.3af & IEEE802.3at-2009 for 48VDC Power over Ethernet (PoE) application.
- European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI) recommends use for Safety Extra Low Voltage of 48VDC.
- BIS 48V ELVDC distribution system guidelines.
- Implemented DC Nano-Grid Distribution network
- Hybrid Mini grid AC Distribution network
- Solar pumps and monitoring solutions.
- Installation up to 7.5 HP Submersible & Surface AC Solar Water Pump.
- Solar Water 1HP DC Pump-with Storage for Household