We take this opportunity to introduce ourselves as one of the manufacturers & Suppliers of Polymer Insulators.
We are doing all the necessary Type tests & Design tests for Polymer Insulators for 11, 22 & 33 KV (Disc & Pin type) at CPRI-Bangalore & ERDA-Vadodhara.
Polymer Insulator is introduced as an excellent & proven technology, which is replacing the existing porcelain Insulators all over the world.
Due to its properties, technology, durability & other value added advantages some Electricity Boards in India also adopted this technology for their states. Power Grid Corporation of India, NTPC and Indian Railways had already started to install / replace the existing porcelain Insulators with Polymer Insulators. Polymer insulators have the following utilities:
- Light weight ( up to 70% less than Ceramic insulators). Ease of installation as easier to handle and transport.
- Outstanding resistance to environmental factors such as U.V. light , ozone, acids, contaminations and moisture.
- Silicone Rubber shed s provide perfect Hydrophobic performance, hydro-phobicity transfer in to pollution layer also possible, good resistance to ageing and tracking & erosion.
- Stable behavior at extreme climatic conditions -50 to + 50 deg C.
- Suitability for polluted and salty atmospheres etc.
- Resistance to breakage and vandalism , practically unbreakable.
- Eliminates or reduces maintenance ( such as washing) and are compatible with existing porcelain insulators.
- Energy Efficiency (Low leakage current due to more surface resistivity).
- Safety( Light weight for handling and installation, eliminates catastrophic mechanical failures).
- Consistent mechanical and electrical performance through out entire service life.