Transmission Line Design involves route selection, reconnaissance survey, earth resistivity test, preliminary survey etc.
SELECTION OF ROUTE
The route of a transmission line is decided from the following main considerations.
a) Shortest length, hence least capital cost.
b) Ease during construction and ease in maintenance of the line (route near roads for
easy approach & accessibility).
c) Requirement of future loads (sub stations) near the proposed route so that the line can
be easily connected.
d) Required separation distance from parallel communication lines (P&T, Railways,
etc.) for meeting the conditions of induced voltage for obtaining PTCC approval.
e) Avoiding of forest areas as well as wild life sanctuaries.
f) Cost of securing and clearing right of way (ROW).
g) Maintaining statutory distances from Airports /Helipads.
It is carried out for deciding upon the most economical line route and the most economical location of towers in view of the high cost per location.
- FIXING OF ROUTE ALIGNMENT
- CROSSING OF POWER LINES
- CROSSING OF THE TELECOMMUNICATION LINES
- CROSSING OF RAILWAY TRACKS
- CROSSING OF ROADS
- RIGHT OF WAY
- MAINTAINING STATUTORY CLEARANCES
- APPROVAL OF FOREST DEPARTMENT
- ROUTE MARKING
- MEASUREMENT OF EARTH RESISTIVITY
- PLOTTING OF THE ROUTE ON THE MAP
- APPROVAL OF THE LINE ROUTE
Supreme provide the full range of services related to the planning, design and construction management of HV and EHV power transmission systems, as well as with medium and low voltage distribution networks. The projects cover the full range of activities, including studies, engineering, manufacturing, supply, works supervision and commissioning of the completed installation. Training in these fields as well as in network maintenance and operations is also available.
We have carried out studies, detailed engineering, manufactured & supplied several thousand tones of transmission structures up to 400 kV. Our esteemed list of client contains, Ceylon Electricity Board (Sri Lanka), Power Holding Company of Nigeria PLC, Electricity Company of Ghana Ltd., Ministry of Energy and Water (MEW, Afghanistan), Bangladesh Power Development Board, Nepal Electricity Authority, Transmission Corporation of Andhra Pradesh Ltd (APTRANSCO).
Supreme provides :
- Line Route Selection & Survey
- Geotechnical Studies
- Tower Geometry and Tower Families Optimization
- Optimized Conductor Selection
- Grounding and Lightning Stroke Protection
- Detailed Support Structure & Tower Design
- Foundation Design
- Project Implementation Planning and Project Cost Estimates
- Optical Fiber Cables
- Environmental Impact Mitigation
2) Implementation Stage Services
- Construction Supervision
- Complete or Construction Project Manager
- Assistance with Project Commissioning
3) Other Services
- Staff Training (Engineering, Operation, Maintenance)
- Assistance during operation
- Development of Maintenance Procedures